Sunday, August 28, 2016

Catching Up 2

I've told you about my Egyptian exchange daughter, Nadia. After such difficult foster children, she was a dream come true. She lit up our lives, she made our lives as happy and vibrant as could be.

Here is her beautiful face:


Here she is, in an Egyptian costume I sewed for her for Halloween:


Here is the quilt I made her:


Here is the back of the quilt I made her.


The backing fabric worked out quite well. The blue figures almost look like Arabic calligraphy:


She still writes me by Messenger, and last week I got my first phone call from her via Messenger! It was amazing to experience her sweetness again. It was almost too much to bear. 




5 comments:

  1. I love the message you stitched on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I am glad her stay was a good experience. My sister and her family just got a 17 year old male exchange student from Germany and it seems like they are having fun hosting him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. I am sure it is much loved and filled with memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that you got to experience such sweetness in your life w/Nadia. She looks like a ray of sunshine. And it's wonderful that she keeps in touch. As I always I love your quilty creation!

    ReplyDelete