Friday, September 25, 2015

Pressure Drop Finish!

I blogged more than two months ago about starting a quilt I was calling Pressure Drop, based on a variation of the Drunkard's Path layout. After a few delays, I finally "finished it up"!

(I had a lot of fun putting patterns and colors together... and using up a couple of "ugly" or just plain difficult fabrics)

In a couple of places, I switched up the background and foreground:

For the back I used the Palette Builder to identify the Bella Solid that matched the best, "Mauve" (though it might be better called "Thistle"):

I tried some fashion quilt photography (wheelbarrow, asters, quilt):

I like asters, bees, monarchs better:


  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your cooking blog and am now a subscriber! You make exactly the kind of food I enjoy: wholesome veggie + offbeat sweet!

  2. Wow! This is fabulous! Love how you pieced the background - makes it SO much more interesting!! Beautifully done :)

  3. I really like your quilt. The circles and sweet colors just make me smile!

    1. thanks, Audrey, for the encouragement all the way through this project. I like some of the up-close views not sure about the overall view.

  4. Another OUTSTANDING Greta creation! You are amazing my friend!

  5. I really like this pattern and the mix of colors, etc. It's unusual and gorgeous.